Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sweet Tomato Relief!

Ok, ok... I know I'm supposed to be making everything from scratch.  And lordy, I'm trying!  But upon hearing about Mario Batali's pasta sauces I knew I had to try it.  You see my husband and I fell in love with Mario while we were in Vegas.  We ate at Carne Vino and enjoyed the Caprese Salad and Gnocchi with Marinara sauce so much I think I will always remember it.  (we couldn't afford any wine ironically while we ate there but B did have a glass of pink beer which was pretty hilarious).  The music was great while we ate too (Radiohead, Coldplay... really like we were eating at home but 1000 x better)!

So, we tried it (the marinara)... and after 9 years we have finally agreed upon a tomato sauce!!!  I mean seriously this is BIG!  It's like $6.50 a pop at Hannaford... but the ingredients are all what I've been looking for sans preservatives, hoooray!  I will give myself this little 24oz of relief!  Thank you Mario, thank you.

A little more about the sauce via the store:


Mario Batali Marinara Pasta Sauce:


Why do Mario Batali sauces taste so fresh and pure?
Mario Batali Sauces are crafted from San Marzano Italian plum tomatoes from the Sarnese-Nocerino area in Italy, and are purely produced with all fresh chopped onions and fresh garlic. They are made with all fresh herbs and spices - no paste or puree added, and are made exclusively in a green facility.

In an effort to honor his commitment to both good food and green living, Mario is thrilled to announce all four recipes will be produced at Summer Garden Foods' green facility. Certified as organic and environmentally friendly by both state and national organization, Chef Batali and Summer Garden Foods is an ideal partnership having shared philosophies regarding the creation of food products.

(Item #197930) w3

Product Characteristics:
Main Ingredients:  Tomatoes, Onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Carrots, Garlic, Sea Salt, Italian Parsley, Thyme
Size/Capacity:  24-oz.


No comments:

Post a Comment