Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Avocado and Bacon 'Chos


Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I have an overwhelming love for nachos.  I think one of my favorite inventions might be the scoop tortilla chip.   Really, I mean it, it's just so little and bite size and you can fill it with anything.  I think there should be a restaurant with a menu filled with nachos... the possibilities are endless.  I'm going to try my best to figure out all the different things you can put on a chip and make it taste yummy.

For this recipe I modified my taco night avocado mixture (which I will be posting soon).  The only thing I left out here is the onion mainly because I didn't want to chop one.

I began the avocado filling by slicing up a tomato into little chunks. Then I sliced my avocado into little pieces as well and added them to a bowl.  Then I added a dash of pepper, a generous pinch of salt, a 3-4 teaspoons of coriander (one of my favorite spices which I use constantly because I can never use cilantro fast enough before it goes bad).  And a few shakes of garlic powder.  Gently mix it up so that you don't completely crush the avocado.  Then you just place a spoonful in each chip.

This was going to be my complete filling for my chip (and probably would have been tasty) until my husband was making a BLT and I decided I too must have bacon!  Why not throw some on these little guys?  Sounds good to me!  I had him make me a few slices and just chopped it into bits.  Drizzled the pieces on top of the avocado mixture.

Then came the cheese.  I piled a generous amount of cheese on each chip like a little nest of grated up goodness.

Popped them in the oven for five minutes at 350F and out they came.  But wait they needed something... sour cream!  Yes, yes, that was perfect!
Et Voila:


These were scrumptious! (yeah I'm not losing any weight)!

I added this recipe here:



No comments:

Post a Comment