Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monday, January 16, 2012
As usual this weekend had me starting a billion different projects with a completion of none!  But I'm ok with that because each activity has a promising end!  I began my Impossibility project of sewing my new dress.  Which I decided to make out of a tan corduroy.  So far so good... I think.  I know a few things that I've done wrong so far but this is a learning process so I'm ok with that.

While in the sewing room I decided I also wanted to try and make the baby some booties.  He's just starting to learn how to walk so he still needs a soft bottom shoe he's not really ready for a sneaker or anything like that.  I haven't seen anything in the stores that I feel like spending $50+ bucks on, so after a suggestion from one of the moms at Little Man's school, I thought I'd take a stab at it.  It's starting to come together.
The bootie pieces out of felt and burlap

Pretty much the only thing I finished was a pom pom for my son's hat.  If you've ever wanted to know how to make a pom pom... here's how:

Tracing a circle out of two cardboard pieces with what else? A sippy cup

With your two pieces of cardboard together you begin winding your yarn
around the circle through the whole in the middle

This is what it looks like when wrapped up

Then you put your scissors in between each cardboard
piece and cut the yarn

Wrap the end of your yarn around the middle and
tie a knot (this holds it all together)

Snip the cardboard and slide it out

fluff it up a bit and now you have a pom pom!
I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment