Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Impossibility Remains Impossible! An Update

Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Well, for the past few weeks I have been working when I can on my Impossibility Challenge which was to sew a dress.  I decided to challenge myself a bit more and instead of a sleeveless frock I stepped it up and picked a pattern with sleeves.  I found this wonderful english tan corduroy... I was excited.
Here's what I did, it's not pressed and I didn't finish the hem

Front

Back
Looks ok right?  I was feeling pretty good about this.  That is until I tried it on, and I use "try on" here as loosely as I possibly can.  You know what, "loosely" is really the worst word I can use.  In no way would this ever in my wildest dreams fit me.  Not if I lost 15 pounds... maybe if I was Kelly Ripa, not a 5'10" size 10!  I checked again and looked at the pattern to make sure I wasn't out of my mind.  It says size 10!  Maybe it's a junior size 10!  I'm pretty bummed, but know that I tried my best and took my time to follow the instructions.  I even watched a youtube video about making sleeves five times!

I really do wish it fit because it looks exactly like what I wanted.  I'm going to have to pick myself up and try again.  Get right back on the horse.  This pattern will be shelved.



Thistlewood Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment